[TCUG] Re: Peek Prism

  • From: "Wheatley,Graham (Environmental Services)" <Graham.Wheatley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:25:29 +0100

Richard

We have fitted a Peek Prism unit to a bus gate in Chesterfield.
It has taken a long time to capture the different bus 'profiles' =
(approx.
6 months) which will use the route. If the bus company brings in a =
different
bus or buys a new one it will not be recognised.
I am advised at another site where buses cross the loops at differing =
angles/
speeds the unit may not be appropriate.
I am told you can capture the profile for any vehicle..........but if =
you have
different makes/shapes each one will need to be programmed into the =
unit.
We are fortunate in that the geometry makes the buses cross the loops=20
slowly and between two splitter islands, I think you may have trouble =
with accuracy.
=20

Graham Wheatley
Senior Projects Engineer.

Behalf Of Richard Backhouse
> Sent: 03 June 2004 15:53
> To:   TCUG (tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> Subject:      [TCUG] Peek Prism
>=20
> I would be interested to know if any authorities have any operational
> experience with Peek PRISM.
> =20
> Our ambulance station is locating to a new site the access road they =
are
> located on is signal controlled and they will require a hurry call =
facility
> at the junction when leaving their station.
> =20
> They are located 500m from the junction and the junction is fitted =
with an
> OMCU. To avoid 2 new BT lines and Tele12's Peek have suggested the use =
of
> PRISM.
> =20
> Have any local authorities used this form of priority control for =
similar
> applications
> =20
> Thanks
> =20
> Richard Backhouse
> Principal Engineer
> Southend Borough Council
>=20

WARNING!!
It is intended solely for the addressee. Unauthorised access to this email by
anyone else is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error or are reading it without
authorisation, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited by
Derbyshire County Council and may be unlawful.

Senders and recipients of email should be aware that under the Data Protection
act 1998 [and the
Freedom of Information Act 2000], the contents may have to be disclosed to a
request.