[TCUG] Re: Peek Prism

  • From: "Colin Gibb" <COLING@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:10:28 +0000

We have been using PRISM for a couple of years in Aberdeen and
it is reliable however it is also very sensitive. the loop must be
positioned carefully to ensure the vehicle always passes straight
over it and not at an angle which will affect the profile. Vehicles
bouncing over bumps in the road can also affect the profile and
PRISM does not like vehicles waiting on the loop as it can have
difficulty reconstructing the profile when it moves off. On the final
point Peek have just updated the firmware to cope with this and we
are testing it out now.

In other words if it is set up well you will have no problems. Give
me a call if you want any more info.

Colin Gibb
Engineer
Traffic Control
Tel 01224 523416
Environment & Infrastructure Services
Aberdeen City Council
Visit Aberdeen City Council's Web-site at http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk

This message is not intended to have contractual effect.