[TCUG] Re: MOVA question

  • From: "Stewart, Ian (ENV)" <Ian.Stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:22:18 +0100

Shirley,

Does the right turn lane receive green at the same time as the ahead
movement, and is unopposed?  If so, there is no need to 'sink' any traffic
from your long lane to account for the right turn, optimising the green
simply on the existing X loop.  If the right turn is opposed or separately
signalled, there is a difficulty.  My solution would be to accept gaps in
the ahead lane will reduce the green efficiency, (the actual traffic case)
and simply have a separate right turn lane optimised with it's own X loop
which does NOT sink the ahead.

Ian M. Stewart,  Lancashire.