[TCUG] Re: Contract Price Index

  • From: Dick Andrews <RAndrews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:34:41 +0100

65% Index E1 Construction Contracts (electrical installations) DfT
[Labour]
15%   "      E2     "                     "              "               "
"                    [materials]
10%  Table 18.2 RPI (Motoring expenditure) from Employment Gazette
[transport]
10%      "    18.1             (All items)               "         "
"                  [miscellaneous]
 The indices are taken 3 months before the review date
My observation is that this invariably results in a bigger increase than I'd
anticipate (bigger than my pay increase) and I wonder whether RPI would be a
simpler way.

 Dick