[TCUG] Re: BV165

  • From: Terry Gardner <Terry.Gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:37:13 -0000

Not so silly as it seems!  We have received a number of complaints from
elderly who suffer arthritis of the feet and suffer considerable pain when
crossing tactile paving. One of their main complaints is that the tactiles
go to the back of the footway and they cannot avoid them, even if they do
not wish to use the crossing.  They have requested tactile free corridors
along the footway and also in the centre of the crossing points, which to my
mind is entirely reasonable.  I am concerned that we can go overboard to
accommodate one disability to the detriment of others.

Terry Gardner
Traffic Systems Engineer
Glamorgan Engineering Consultancy
Tel: 02920820683

the sender and delete from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual and not necessarily that of Glamorgan Engineering
Consultancy.