[TCUG] Re: Above ground stopline detectors

  • From: "Kinnaird, Dave" <D.Kinnaird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:37:37 +0100

Peter, you need to be aware of the limitation of some vision based above
ground stopline detectors particularly the shadow effect where a vehicle
travelling in the opposite direction will demand an opposing movement
purely based on the position of the sun and the corresponding shadow the
vehicles produces. You of course also have the ongoing reliability
problems we experience with kerbsides

Dave

David Kinnaird
BEng CEng MIET
Principal Engineer Traffic Network Systems / Prif Beiriannydd Systemau
Rhwydwaith Trafnidiaeth
Telematics Group / Grwp Telemateg
Tel No / Rhif Ffon : 029 20873321
Fax No / Rhif Ffacs : 029 20873328