[tcb] Re: engine to body

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:07:16 -0700 (PDT)

You cut it for a bus.  Measure the side of the engine groves for the rubber;
cut off from each end the amount you need for them.  The amount left should
have the curve and be approximately the right length for the rear apron.  Bus
is exact same as a bug cept you have to cut it where it exits the rear apron
and make three pieces.  For the bug you do not have that problem and it all
stays as one piece.

ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:        Sorry Duncan another VW question?

I purchased a new engine to body seal from WW.
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111813705a

It is a U shaped piece that extends from the rear of the engine tin to both the
left and right side of the bus.  Should this be one piece or should I cut it so
that I can remove metal (under the deck lid) with out removing the entire seal?
 Hopefully this makes sense.

Jeff