[tcb] Re: What's the long lost history of your bus?

  • From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:13:07 -0700 (PDT)

I love to listen to music when I'm driving the truck ,
lots of blues rock or just some go ole electric blues
. A/C D/C The Jack has been a long time favorite of
mine , SRV'S  Paradise?  is a great late night cruzer
tune .. Ocean Breeze ,by Pauplo Cruise is another late
night favorite .. almost any mid 60 to mid 70 's
classic rock , Jean Luc Ponty ,jazz Fiddle is good ..
Ld , pink Floyd , I like  alot of the new stuff too ,
Nickle Back etc.. The truck came in at the Port of
Boston , then I think to Alabama , then I saw it on a
ad in the Dallas paper ,drove up twice made a deal and
trailered it home.. drove it acouple of years and the
a woman at the Jack in the Box ,told me the truck was
the ugliest F*****king  thing she had ever seen .. so
the rest is history .. to read some more music I like
and a pretty good story of the truck .go to
WNW.23window.com/the zone  the truck had one m-code  a
locking treasure chest door , must be rare , Sammie
hadn't even heard of it.--- Shelby Shook
<sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alright, so I was driving to school today (my second
> day of college) in the
> bus playin the Zepellin 2 album, and I was thinking,
> the VW bus has
> undoubtably been a big figure of music in the 60's
> and 70's. I was
> wondering, what's everyone's fav album to listen to
> while driving their bus?
> I just can't decide what mine would be, they all
> sound so great and the bus
> just magnifies their coolness. I find myself
> imagining what the original
> owners of my bus might have listned to as I rock out
> to anything from
> Hendrix, to Dylan, to the Gratefull Dead, and too
> many others to mention. I
> do know one thing, according to the guy I bought
> Sunnie from, she had a
> Gratefull Dead sticker on her back window. I wonder
> how many Dead concerts
> she's been to. I wish knew what she went through, or
> maybe it'd be better if
> I didn't know haha. She was a Colorado bus after
> all, I wonder how many
> hippies she's hauled off to concerts and music fests
> back in the day. And
> yes, even though I'm very against drugs, I sometimes
> wonder if there's any
> pot under the back seat (since I havn't cleaned
> underneath it yet).
>
> So anyway, what do you guys listen to while cruisin'
> in your bus? Do you
> often wonder what it went through just like me?
> Where do you guys think your
> bus has been?
>
> It's really fun to imagine where Sunnie's been, wish
> I knew.

Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone

T.C.B.