[tcb] Re: What's the long lost history of your bus?

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

PO Previous Owner.

  It actually went through one person between the woods and me.  The middle man
had it a week and was going to hack it up for a dune buggy.  He needed money
for booze and sold it to me.

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    The post office? That's so cool!
  Mine was found in an open field somewhere in Colorado, next to a GT500 of all
things. The guy that bought the lot was going for the GT500 of course, and gave
the bus to his brother: the guy that sold it to me. That's mostly all I know
besides the Gratefull Dead sticker...which brings up many possible stories
haha.

  On 8/28/07, Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     "Matchbox
20" and "They Might be Giants"

  That was when I had a running VW and a working radio concurrently.
  My VW was bought by the PO in 1980, driven for a year and parked near some
woods.  The woods engulfed it and some good sized trees had to be cut for it's
rescue.  I'm very surprised that it isn't rusted out.  I don't know any history
on it from 63 to 80, but the 66 parts car next to it has a Canadian sticker.

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

      Alright, so I was driving to school today (my second day of college) in
the bus playin the Zepellin 2 album, and I was thinking, the VW bus has
undoubtably been a big figure of music in the 60's and 70's. I was wondering,
what's everyone's fav album to listen to while driving their bus? I just can't
decide what mine would be, they all sound so great and the bus just magnifies
their coolness. I find myself imagining what the original owners of my bus
might have listned to as I rock out to anything from Hendrix, to Dylan, to the
Gratefull Dead, and too many others to mention. I do know one thing, according
to the guy I bought Sunnie from, she had a Gratefull Dead sticker on her back
window. I wonder how many Dead concerts she's been to. I wish knew what she
went through, or maybe it'd be better if I didn't know haha. She was a Colorado
bus after all, I wonder how many hippies she's hauled off to concerts and music
fests back in the day. And yes, even though I'm very
 against drugs, I sometimes wonder if there's any pot under the back seat
(since I havn't cleaned underneath it yet).

  So anyway, what do you guys listen to while cruisin' in your bus? Do you
often wonder what it went through just like me? Where do you guys think your
bus has been?

  It's really fun to imagine where Sunnie's been, wish I knew.

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.