[tcb] Re: FLORIDA COURT

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:54:50 -0600

No. ;-)

It's an individual call thing.

If Sammie starts sending his photos via attachment to the list I'll ask
him (offline) to stop. Same with you or anyone else who I *know* has
the knowledge to upload the pics to a hosted server like Fotki or Flikr
then send just a link to the list.

For some of our members that is "too many moving parts". The only way
they know how to share a pic is to drag/drop it onto an email that they
are writing. I just let that slide for one or two images at a time.

If even the less technically proficient start posting entire albums of
images attached to emails I'll start poking people in the ear with a
greasy 10mm wrench until they stop. If that fails I have the power to
"ban" users. No posting to the list until you are un-banned (but you
can still receive and read the list mail).

Speaking of which, I need to test that feature. Jeff, you're banned for
24 hours. ;-D

Try posting to the list and see what kind o reply it sends
you. Send an email directly to me after you've done that and I'll see
if I can "unban" you before the 24 hours is up. That'll give me an idea
of how long I should set bans for actual "hand slapping". The default
is 7 days but that may be a bit harsh if I can't turn it off mid-ban.

Gerald