[tcb] Re: FLORIDA COURT

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 08:51:38 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From:
  Denis Dodson
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 9:49
  PM
  Subject: [tcb] Re: FLORIDA COURT

  It’s
  not that it is an offense, John. We break rules here all the time. But we,
and
  you now as well, all have real passions for all kinds of stuff. I can name
  several right winger gun nuts here and as many flat out anarchists.
  Libertarians and Yippies, and cross dressers. We have vegetarians and bow
  hunters, and people who drive Bay Window busses. I KNOW, who’d believe
  it?

  If
  we start waving our flags we won’t be friends anymore. So, this is a place
  where we call each other names because we lowered a bus or stole one from
  another member (it happens). If you broke down within a hundred miles of me
  I’ll probably bring the trailer and get you out, but not if you tell me who
  you vote for.

  am speaking for myself, but I think most of us agree a little.
  Anybody?

  Welcome
  Newby.

From: Will
        &lt;evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
        COURT
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" &lt;tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
        Monday, November 2, 2009, 6:43 PM
        Aren't we
        supposed to keep this off the list?

        --
        Sent from my Palm Pre

        John Barry wrote:

                : FLORIDA COURT

                                You must
                                read this.......a proper decision by
                                the
                                courts......
                                ...for a change.

FLORIDA COURT
                                SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In
                                Florida, an atheist created a case against the
                                upcoming
                                Easter and Passover days.  He
                                hired an attorney to bring a
                                discrimination
                                case
                                against Christians, Jews and observances of
                                their holy days. The argument was that it was
                                unfair that atheists had no such recognized
                                days. The case was brought before a judge.
                                 After listening to the passionate
                                presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged
his
                                gavel declaring,"Case dismissed!"

The
                                lawyer immediately stood objecting to the
                                ruling,
                                "Your honour,
                                how can you possibly dismiss this case?
                                 The Christians have Christmas, Easter and
                                others.  The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur
                                and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other
                                atheists have no such holidays."

The
                                judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But
                                you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully
                                ignorant."

The
                                lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any
                                special observance or holiday for
                                atheists."

The
                                judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is
                                April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, “The
                                fool says in his heart, there is no
                                God.”
                                Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if
                                your client says there is no God, then he is a
                                fool.  Therefore, April 1st is his
                                day.”
                                Court is adjourned.

You
                                gotta love a Judge that knows his
                                scripture!

This
                                is too good not to forward.

__________
              NOD32 4563 (20091101) Information __________

This message
              was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.
              com

No virus found in this incoming
              message.
Version: 8.5.423 /
              Virus Database: 270.14.43/2474 - Release Date: 11/01/09
              07:38:00

              Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post)
              | Start a new topic

              Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
Calendar

              MARKETPLACE

              Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more
              for their families, for the world and for each other