[tcb] Re: FLORIDA COURT

  • From: "chuck" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 06:23:54 -0600

I didn't steat no stinkn bus!
oleblue
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Denis Dodson
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 9:49 PM
  Subject: [tcb] Re: FLORIDA COURT

  It’s not that it is an offense, John. We break rules here all the time. But
we, and you now as well, all have real passions for all kinds of stuff. I can
name several right winger gun nuts here and as many flat out anarchists.
Libertarians and Yippies, and cross dressers. We have vegetarians and bow
hunters, and people who drive Bay Window busses. I KNOW, who’d believe it?

  If we start waving our flags we won’t be friends anymore. So, this is a place
where we call each other names because we lowered a bus or stole one from
another member (it happens). If you broke down within a hundred miles of me
I’ll probably bring the trailer and get you out, but not if you tell me who you
vote for.

  I am speaking for myself, but I think most of us agree a little. Anybody?

  Welcome Newby.

        From: Will <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
        To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Monday, November 2, 2009, 6:43 PM

        Aren't we supposed to keep this off the list?

        -- Sent from my Palm Pre

        John Barry wrote:

                : FLORIDA COURT

                                You must read this.......a proper decision by
the courts...... ...for a change.

                                FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

                                In Florida, an atheist created a case against
the upcoming Easter and Passover days.  He hired an attorney to bring a
discrimination case against Christians, Jews and observances of their holy
days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized
days. The case was brought before a judge.  After listening to the passionate
presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,"Case
dismissed!"

                                The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the
ruling, "Your honour, how can you possibly dismiss this case?  The Christians
have Christmas, Easter and others.  The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and
Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays."

                                The judge leaned forward in his chair saying,
"But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."

                                The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of
any special observance or holiday for atheists."

                                The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is
April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, “The fool says in his heart, there is no
God.” Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is
no God, then he is a fool.  Therefore, April 1st is his day.” Court is
adjourned.

                                You gotta love a Judge that knows his
scripture!

                                This is too good not to forward.

              http://www.eset. com

11/01/09 07:38:00

              __._,_.___

              Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic

              Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
Calendar

              MARKETPLACE

              Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their
families, for the world and for each other

              Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
Switch format to Traditional

              Recent Activity

              ·          1

              New Members