[tcb] Re: A special Mother's Day past

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 08:26:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

That's a great story.  I'm reminded of my Mother coming out in the garage and
bringing me coffee one night.  I had been rebuilding my 2180 in the Drag Ghia
for the Bug In and had just got the engine in the car.  The gates would be open
in less than 8 hours and I still had to load up.

She couldn't understand why I was pushing so much, I'd been up for like 30
hours already just getting ready.  At 17 you can't these kinds of things.

She was less appreciative when I fired it up at 2AM to run it in and dial-in
the carbs..

My step dad got me hooked on VWs when I was 15 and she always loved the westies
we had but she just didn't like the Drag Racing.  That was until I brought home
a couple of trophies.  Then they went up on the Mantle in the living room.

Both of them are gone, for quite awhile now, but every time I get into a bus I
remember them.