[tabi] Re: more on the party bus

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 18:36:26 -0400

I certainly want to emphasize one of Robert's points which I agree with:
this party bus isn't taking people home; but it is running between bars, and
thus by implication encouraging drinking (probably giving those doing the
drinking a false sense of security that they don't have to worry: they're
riding public transit after all!)

However, it's not taking them home, it's only taking them back to their
cars, where they will do what? Obviously drive home, (and encouraged to do
so by the city), probably inebriated!  I wonder if the city has considered
its legal liability in doing this?

I appreciate Mr. Waterman's giving us the exact financial facts, but not
only is this something which looks to be entirely funded by public dollars,
but it appears to be an idea which would actually encourage DUI activity,
while appearing to actually do the opposite.  This is looking more and more
like a very poorly thought-out idea.

Chip