[tabi] Re: more on the party bus

  • From: "Easy Talk" <Easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:10:17 -0400

    Mr. Waterman, this has to be the most rediculus thing I have ever heard of
and just shows how unimportant quality public transportation for  disabled
citizens is to the city.  How can the city pour in money for a party bus when
disabled citizens aren't able to use the fixed route system because we can't
find the bus stops or don't fill safe using the current system.  Because of
this approximately 100 additional disabled people are now forced to use Dial A
Ride and since the city has not made appropriate financial funding to meet the
increased demands, not only is the fixed route unusable but Dial A Ride is no
longer reliable so basically the disabled community is with out reliable
transportation, but some how can find money to make rich business owners happy.
 Just because you say the city is looking to get some funding from local
businessmen doesn't mean that will happen and if implemented, most likely the
city will end up footing the bill.

I am also curious if Star Metro has considered the impact the federal guide
lines will have on the party bus.  If it is part of the fixed route, then the
city would be required to also provide Para transit service in the same area
and 3/4th of a mile beyond the service area. Was that considered and is it
factored in to the projected cost.

If the party bus runs in the areas you described, How are people going to get
from the start and end points when the fixed route system stops.  Are you just
going to put out the drunks to get hit by vehicles.  Moving them out of the
down town area doesn't solve the problem.

If local businessmen want to provide transportation to there bars, then let
them form there own trally company and leave my tax dollars to  fix a already
broken system.  They could call the new business Puke line transit.

I certainly will make my concerns known to all the city commissioners and hope
others do as well.

Robert

    .