[tabi] Re: Fwd: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Receives Prestigious Award

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:25:39 -0400

I also didn't hear of any customer satisfaction surveys being done, and it's
just amazing to me that the FCTD would hand out an award which is the
essence of saying "great customer satisfaction" and have no surveys at all
to back it up with?

Next, I should have mentioned this at the time, but within the last week or
so there was an article in the Democrat documenting that the new city budget
plans to cut about 10 StarMetro positions.  Since they're getting no money
from private sources for the party bus (as far as I know), I have to
estimate that its cost would cover 3 or 4 of these positions.

Rolbert, I hear you about Sila being late to work, and that's no good; but
when we were riding the Red Hills route we would take the last bus of the
day to get back home, and twice we missed it because it came more than 10
minutes early!  And when you've missed the last bus, there's nothing you can
do!

(I did call in a complaint, and a StarMetro supervisor decided to return my
call, to an obvious state number, on a Saturday night at 8:30! Now there's
someone I think who just wanted to say that he did it, without having done
it!)

Chip

From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: September 11, 2013, 5:16:58 PM EDT
To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Receives Prestigious
Award

 <http://www.talgov.com/communications/communicationshome.aspx> City of
Tallahassee News Release

 <http://www.facebook.com/COTNews> COT Facebook
<http://twitter.com/COTNews> COT Twitter  <http://www.youtube.com/user/WCOT>
WCOT YouTube

Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533

 COT Star
<http://www.talgov.com/uploads/public/images/communications/images/nrlogo3.g
if> StarMetro Receives Prestigious Award

Customer Service Excellence Recognized

September 11, 2013

In recognition of StarMetro's exemplary service, particularly to elderly,
disabled, low-income and transportation challenged citizens, StarMetro was
awarded the prestigious 2013 Dispatcher/Scheduler of the Year Award by the
Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged. StarMetro's Call
Center, Dispatch Team and Mobility Coordinator's Office was recognized for
this honor at today's Tallahassee City Commission meeting.

The top statewide award recognizes StarMetro's dedication to providing the
upmost in caring, efficient and reliable transportation services throughout
the community. It also pays tribute to the StarMetro professionals who work
cohesively to serve transportation disadvantaged citizens throughout the
Capital Region.

"StarMetro staff has worked very hard to achieve this award," said City
Commissioner Nancy Miller, lead commissioner on the Long Range Planning
Target Issue Committee. "It's important that Tallahassee residents have
access to the quality of customer service provided by the staff at
StarMetro."

"This is a testament to our caring, efficient and skilled employees who
always have each rider's unique needs in mind," said StarMetro Director Ivan
Maldonado. "They go above and beyond their daily duties to offer
professional, friendly and respectful service to those with a wide range of
transportation challenges."

StarMetro operates 12 cross-town routes, as well as university routes and
special Para-transit transportation to senior, disabled and low-income
customers in Tallahassee and Leon County through programs such as
Dial-A-Ride and Community Transportation Coordinator for Tallahassee and
Leon County (CTC).

Last year, the Call Center and Dispatch Team managed 261,407 calls, serving
over 14,000 customers, and provided 163,000 Para-transit trips. They helped
coordinate 255,527 trips for 8,164 elderly, disabled and low-income citizens
for work, school, medical appointments, shopping and other important
activities throughout Leon County. Similarly, the Mobility Coordinator's
office assisted hundreds of elderly and disabled passengers with travel
training, route information and referrals for other services.

For more information about StarMetro, visit
<http://www.talgov.com/starmetro> Talgov.com/starmetro or call StarMetro's
main office at 891-5200. Other ways to view information include liking
StarMetro's official Facebook page
<http://www.Facebook.com/starmetrotransit>  and following @RideStarMetro
<http://www.Twitter.com/ridestarmetro>  on Twitter.

Contact Information

Ivan Maldonado, StarMetro, 891-5191; Carrie Poole, Communications
Department, 891-8533; or Sandra Manning, Utilities Marketing, 891-6175

 <http://www.talgov.com>

<http://www.411notify.com/signonact.asp?e=12e75606d6b626762727464662e7171706
56a6b662e3b60767275686f2d6675626d7435313f686c62686d2d646e6e39> Update
Account

 <http://www.imarcsgroup.com> Powered By ImarcsGroup.com

<http://nova.imarcsgroup.com/vendor/tracking/kcart.asp?a=16775737139302e6f6e
77602f686e6073627466736e766f2f62706c3075666d656e732e757162626c686f6630737360
646a2f60746f40753e333932276c3e3435373325713c323231363a>