[sustainableri] Re: very important! MUCH!

  • From: "Dauna J. Noble" <daunajean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sustainableri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:54:36 -0400

response to steve, but to all...
 yes SS deal is coming thru and eliminating the 3000 tax bill that was our
rent. but, we never did pay for water last year and had to get all our own
materials and dirt.  the deal this year is that there are to be many many
more beds, all built and dirted on yarrows wallet, free water, free seed
contraptions, building materials, all inclusive.  He wants the garden to be
operating comparably moneywise, with other community gardens which in our
area is $40 per bed (4x8).  if there are 40 beds that is $1600.  If there
are 30  beds thats $1200. ?not sure yet how many we will have.  I jusyt
devide that # by our membership. I think I forgot all inclusive when I did
the math and was figuring on some other expenses.  So, highest price for 40
beds is $80.  *More likely $60 per member for all the beds.* if there are 30
beds and 20 members.  It is still half of what we paid last year, for WAY
more garden and resources.

I think Yarrow is just trying to build the garden in a sustainable fashion
and he is a little shaky about how well our group is going to hold up.( he
has not said that i just get the feeling) and he seems to be having a
personal explosion of motivation get-er-done of almost pharmacuetically
induced levels?  Hes beeing ready for anything. If we hold it together and
show him, I get the impression he would be happy enough to see the garden
all ours, he is just taking the money heat off of us by creating other
possabilties.
dirtluv!
-D

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 8:49 PM, stephen hargrove <stephenhargrove@xxxxxxxxx