[suncommunity] Re: usb external hard drive

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:12:00 +0100

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2698&t=2314>

John, thanks a lot for the information.
What I have now is:
- Solaris 8 10/00 s28s_u2wos_11b SPARC
- SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100S
- OBP 4.0.45 2001/02/08 14:33

From what you say the old obp might be the problem, since it is a 120 GB
drive. Probably I won't be able to see it either as a secondary internal
drive, right?

Just in case, is there any special thing I should take into account (apart
from following the instructions) to upgrade the obp? any special tricks
that are not mentioned in the patch installation instructions?

Cheers,
Fer

Sent using Phorum software version 3.4.4 <http://phorum.org>