[suncommunity] Re: usb external hard drive

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:40:51 +0100

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2687&t=2314>

After installing the DDK (usb drive development kit) and required patches,
I got as far as being able to see an external addonics combo hard drive
(with a 120 GB drive) with the removable media manager in my Blade 100.

The disk is recognized as rmdisk0, and it says it is unformatted (I
formatted on a PC, though, maybe it is a file system not recognizable in
solaris).

Problem is when I type the command format, it is not in the list of
available disks.

When I try to format using the removable media manager window (by just
clicking on the icon of the disk and going to format), a window pops up, I
select the file system, give a label, click format, but nothing seems to
happen. Don't get any error messages either. Any clues?

Thanks a lot,
Fer

Sent using Phorum software version 3.4.4 <http://phorum.org>