[suncommunity] Re: Blade 100 and serial console ?

  • From: William Barnett-Lewis <wlewis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 21:41:59 -0500

diomedes wrote:

> This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
> <http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=483&t=477>
>
> umm.. if i remember correctly the sb100 required a keyboard/mouse to be
> connected to it to fuction, don't quote me on this but i seem to remember an
> engineer telling me this one day.. and in fact i just pulled the
> keyboard/mouse out of mine and i lost net access to it so i'd say this might
> be an issue..
>
> Matt

> Sent using Phorum software version 3.3.2c <http://phorum.org>

No. It's like every other Sun. If you want a serial connection then the
monitor, keyboard and mouse must be disconnected from the machine. Only
when the OBP can not detect a keyboard does the serial console get
activated.

Just use a normal 9 pin serial null modem cable and unplug the keyboard
and mouse
and you should be just fine.

As for unplugging your keyboard mid stream, lets simply say there are
more than one issue at hand there... :'>

William
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
Feynman's Appendix to the Rogers Commission Report.