[suncommunity] Re: Blade 100 and serial console ?

  • From: Adrien Farkas <freddy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 20:22:10 +0200

Sean O'Neill (sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote :

> Laptop DB9 male ->
> DB9 female RJ45 Adapter ->
> RJ45 four port manual switch box ->
> DB9 female RJ45 Adapter ->
> DB9 Null Modem adapter (male / female ends) ->
> DB9 male serial port on Sun Blade 100

sounds really complicated, what about getting a db9-db9 null-modem cable
as one part? or, what about building your own at least for testing, pins
2 and 3 inverted between the ends, 5s connected together.

actually, when i got my blade, I had a non-working serial port, I had to
replace the system board, perhaps (hopefuly not, of course) this is the
same case.

cheers,
--
                                        freddy