[studiorecorder] Re: special affects in studio recorder?

  • From: "Harry Brown" <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 13:00:28 -0400

Hi Tyler,
See this quote from the studio recorder manual below.  It sounds like, (at
least from this part of the manual, that pitch can be changed!
"Change Pitch
The change pitch command modifies the pitch of the document or a selection.
This command can be used, for example, to restore recorded material to its
original pitch, assuming the original pitch can be determined.

Note that this command removes all index tones in its path.

The Change Pitch dialog contains two edit boxes where you specify the pitch
change relative to the current pitch. The first box contains the number of
semitones to deflect the current pitch, and the second box contains the number
of cents. A semitone is one note of the twelve-tone musical scale, and a cent
is 1 / 100 of a semitone. This gives you very fine control of the pitch change.
Use posative values to increase the pitch, and negative values to decrease the
pitch.
Note that changing the pitch also changes the time of the modified material.

There is one more control in the dialog, the quality box. Using a higher
quality setting takes longer, but uses a better resampling process for the
pitch change. These quality settings are the same as the ones found in the
Resample dialog."

  Harry