[studiorecorder] special effects

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Studio Recorder list <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 09:45:28 -0700

Folks,

I suspect any additional functions would have to be programmed into SR. Having been a programmer for many years, I know it wouldn't make sense to just plop something into the same folder and then try to run it. Even with a menu item pointing to the new folder item, you don't know what computer language, what compiler, or even what other software needs to run to make that component work. Also, if Studio Recorder isn't designed to work with a component outside of itself, there's no way the new component would know about how SR sets up its files, or the files it's currently modifying, or the files it uses as intermittent "working" files to keep the document current as it's edited and constantly changing. Sorry to rain on people's parade, but I'm looking at it from another point of view.

Mary