[studiorecorder] Re: special effects

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 10:20:23 -0700

Hi again list,

Another aspect of all this: There's also a copyright term called intellectual property; I also wrote technical books during my IBM career, and intellectual property is used in software copyright regulations, as it is in technical manuals and other publications. It means that the code used to create the software and make it work properly is owned and controlled by the software company, which in this case is APH. So it's against the law for anyone except APH, who owns the intellectual and other property rights, to change the software in any way. If you de-compile, disassemble, or otherwise try to change SR, you could get in big trouble with APH and the legal eagles, and others in authority as well.

Mary