[studiorecorder] Re: special affects in studio recorder?

No no no no! Here's an example: There is a musical sound, playing at 120 bpm.
It
sounds like a middle C on a piano. It keeps going, "ding, ding, ding, ding" at
120 bpm. A
looped sound. Normal Change Pitch will make it higher AND faster. Before I use
Change
Pitch, I test it with the f8 key. The sound that was originally 120 BPM gets
higher,
obviously, but also FASTER. With Audacity, if you change the pitch, you can
make it sound an octave
higher, but the looped sound will still play at 120 bpm (ding, ding, ding).
With Studio recorder, an
octave higher seems to be about twice as fast. With Audacity, the pitch
changes, but not the speed.
With Studio Recorder, it sounds like you have an adjustable tape player (like
the one I used to have), and
it's playing it back faster than it's supposed to, because of a setting. It
sounds like a chipmunk at
high speed, because it's playing it faster than normal. While with Audacity, it
changes the sound, so
it's higher, but not faster. It doesn't sound like a tape player, it sounds
like ... well ... audio
editing software! Nothing else can do that, except audio editing software.