[studiorecorder] Re: Mixing files

  • From: Rob Meredith <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:42:32 -0400

Chase:

You can do this, but it may work out better to mix in the music after the
podcast is done, because you have to hit it just right with a real-time mix.
Anyway, just load a copy of the music track into SR, and hit Shift+A. Now when
you record, you will be mixing on top of the music track. Be careful not to
save after recording, or you will overwrite the music track with the mix.

If you wish, you can create a new window after hitting Shift+A. Then, when you
record, you will not overwrite the music track. The advantage here is that the
recordings will be synchronized, so you can then mix the music track on to the
voice track and get the levels right.

You might want to look at these topics in the manual for more info, as this is
only a brief overview.

Rob