Re: [steem] Hi there: Steem|Dr T's KCS|Export compatability question.

  • From: "Dr. WorST" <dr.worst@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:37:21 -0600

Hello:
> I'm afraid this is all way over our heads, we aren't MIDI experts in any
> way. Does anyone else on this mailing list have any ideas that could help?
>
> Sorry I can't help more,
> Russell Hayward

I'm working out my state, and very busy. I can not give you a large
explanation, but this is the idea:
1. The pin outs aren't really the problem.
2. In some models of external Serial MIDI Ports for ST series you need an
aditional Power suply. Some of them works with enregy from the seriel port
an other will need aditional power suplied.
3. The most important Thing!!!: YOU'LL HAVE TO HAVE A SERIAL PORT IN YOUR PC
CAPABLE OF WORKING AT THE STANDARD MIDI RATE --> The common serial
interfaces CAN NOT work at Midi Rates, they can work with Serial Synth
devices, but not with standard MIDI.
4. If you PC is capable of working at MIDI bauds, then, you'll have to
configure the serial port at this Rate.
5. If your PC isn't capable of that, there is nothing you can do.

Dr. WorST