Re: [steem] Hi there: Steem|Dr T's KCS|Export compatability question.

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:11:48 +0100

Hi,

Sorry I have taken so long to reply, we've been working hard on Steem.

> Well, It plugs into the modem port on my Stacy..
> and busses into the export box with a serial cable-adding 3
> extra midi out puts of 16 channels
> each..

That would have to plug into a PC COM port then, unfortunately the connector
is different than on the ST. I believe it would be possible to make an
adapter but I don't have the technical know-how required. Even if it did
work there is still a good chance that ExPort wouldn't work with Steem.

> Emagic made it so the next time Michael Hadyn posts
> on the Kawai K5000 list I'll grab his addy and get us all
> hooked up..right now I can't even get midi out of my regular
> PC midi outs on the soundcard so I have a lot of territory
> to cover before I get to where I have KCS working. I
> disabled the internal clock so KCS on the PC would lock
> to the Stacy as I'm trying to sync Cool Edit Pro to
> Steem/KCS on the PC which is synced to the Atari - final
> goal being HD multi track recording on Cool Edit Pro synced
> to the Stacy with 64 midi channels. (Since I can't get 64
> channels out of the PC yet). It isn't working yet... any
> help you can lend (for any of this) would be greatly
> appreciated!!

I'm afraid this is all way over our heads, we aren't MIDI experts in any
way. Does anyone else on this mailing list have any ideas that could help?

Sorry I can't help more,
Russell Hayward

Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/