Re: [steem] Hi there: Steem|Dr T's KCS|Export compatability question.

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Discussion" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:07:22 +0100

Hi,

> This is a post I sent to atari-midi, and Tim pointed out
> this would be the proper place to inquire..
>
>         All I can say is wow! Last night I got KCS installed
> on the same drive on the PC I have the Steem Engine on. I
> can't
> tell you what a rush it  is to see a KCS Screen on a PC. I
> haven't loaded a sequence in yet because I have one small
> problem. I use the Export with the STacy for 64 midi
> channels
> and all of the stuff I'm working on has all 4 banks of
> sounds
> in use.
> My question is, how can I hook the Export up to the
> PC and get the same extra 3 banks in KCS? Where do I hook
> export up to? The 2nd printer port? Before I disconnect the
> STacy and try it I wanted to see if it's even possible, as
> it will mean rerouting a bunch of midi.

This is a bit tricky, I know very little about ExPort. There's a chance it
may work but I haven't heard from anyone who has tried it. If anyone can
give me more details of how ExPort worked then I might be able to find out
whether it would work, or even make it work with a bit of tinkering in
Steem.

Sincerely,
Russell Hayward

Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/