[stamp] Re: Should we combine with FSN?

  • From: Erik Thulin <ethulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:42:18 -0700

So, if we were to combine with FSN:

There would be more developers
The app would do more things then just match data and analysis
We (as in the developers currently associated with STAMP) would have less
control over the project
There would be less of a focus on stats development so it would be weaker.
If what you want is stats analysis you would have to do develop other stuff
as well.

As of a few days ago there is another option!

I have been talking with SOAP and they seem to offer a much better deal.
They want to do a much more partnership like thing, i.e. SOAP developers
come over and work on STAMP with us and me turn out one amazing app that has
data that can be exported to the SOAP database. SOAP is really trying this
year to create a great scouting network and they already have the name
recognition. They would also have on their site "use STAMP for your match
data input yada yada yada". Personally that is what I think is the best idea
because it will let us have a great app aswell as a scouting program that
can do many things (the other portion of stamp).

- Erik