[sopvid] SOPVID's name

  • From: Reginald Oduor <rmjoduor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sopvid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:44:01 +0300

Hello Joseph Epuu

Many thanks for your suggestion.

However, as we were forming the society over ten years ago, we
thoroughly debated the issue and arrived at the present name. Indeed,
both "impairment" and "disability" denote a limitation. I actually
think that each of us must come to terms with our limitation
(disability/impairment/blindness/partial blindness), for then we shall
be more confident as we interact with the world.

Warm regards
--
Reginald M.J. Oduor, Ph.D.
Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Nairobi