[smee] Re: Hurm, may be a touch late...

  • From: Heiling Barry T Maj USAFE/DOXE <barry.heiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:03:03 +0200

Sure enough the corrupted fleshfiend spawned, and we discovered three
things:

1) The Corrupted Fleshfiend is one fricken HUGE skeleton
2) It also hits for 435+
3) Rangers are not very effective tanks in that situation and only
   bolstered by a 48 Cleric.

In the ensuing confusion, I discovered a few more things:

4) Bards are not very effective tanks in that situation either
5) Fading Memories isn't very effective when the mobs can see invis, and
6) The Corrupted Fleshfiend summons

...so not a very auspicious beginning to the day, particularly after one
more discovery,

7) The Erudin guards don't look kindly on dark elf clerics trying to
   rez corpses of not-a-tank rangers and not-a-tank bards, 2 each.

-- OUCH!

Rhysel now has Heartspike (and I might add that it looks EXACTLY like a
plank with a bunch of nails hammered through it),

-- Gratz Rhys, with that and Ragebringer, you are going totally rock!

we did the Jaeil the Wretched turn-in for Gildarr
and another FA ranger and then headed up to the undead castle for High
Scale Kirn, an FA shaman.  So now we've seen that, and I think a full SMEE
could make it to Jaeil no problem for Aidiian and Belador.  Getting past
the graveyard to Kirn is somewhat more tricky, but may still be doable.
Gild is now down to about 2-3 more battles, and Rhys theoretically only
has Renux and V'ghera.

-- I think that SMEE can easily handle Jaeil and Kirn.  I have read several
accounts of single groups of mid 50s folks taking on Kirn.  If we can do
Jaeil for Bel and Aid, it would put both Bel and Gildarr with 2 battles
remaining (VSR and the PoS battles) and Aid would only need the Plane of Sky
battle (or MQ).  We can knock Renux out for Rhys easily enough, so all we
need to do is get FA genned up to support a run at the General (an easy
battle for them).  We should make sure we get Renux taken care of for Rhys
before FA has their next Epic night.