[sleafordbka] Re: Nuc

  • From: simon croson <sicroson@xxxxxx>
  • To: "sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:13:44 +0100

Steve it's ok. The sleaford area has an history of EFB apparently but there
have been no specifics given out. We should all bee aware of the dangers
associated with brood disease, especially when we go our and collect swarms or
move bees around. The inspectors are working with those at risk but everyone
should keep a close eye on brood patterns and seek further guidance if any
brood appears to be less ordinary than normal - pearly White and sitting in a
comfortablec shape in the bottom of the cell is normal. There is more that
brood disease that affects the bees so a good look at the NBU site is really
recommended. This is why the open apiary sessions are so useful. We all have
something to share, good bad and indifferent. Today I looked for varroa on a
good dozen colonies bur found none- I did however find a few wax moths on some
weaker colonies.

Simon Croson
Sicroson@xxxxxx
Www.sicroson.com