[sib-access] Urgent!: trouble with number pad commands

  • From: "Vytautas Jr." <vyt.bucionis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:06:00 -0500

Hi All,

While finishing my exam time assignment, I encountered this problem.

I tried to open a recent file. However, for some reason, I opened a
demonstration file.  When I tried to navigate it, I got a message 'the
plug-in is not running correctly'.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Sibelius access 5RC1.  When I added the
keystroke for the access plugin manually, the plug-in problem went away,
but:

I am not able to adjust values of selected notes with my number pad
(durations, accidentals, etc.).  Whenever I try, JAWS says "no eighth note"
or "no sharp", and nothing changes.  I tried with two number pads, and it's
the same.  Whereas when I tried to adjust, for example, note durations with
a mouse through my sighted assistant, it worked.

I am using Sibelius on a laptop, but it appears that I did all the necessary
configurations: Sibelius set to laptop keyboard layout, JAWS to desktop, and
all the registry keys are reinstalled.     However, still, Sibelius says
that keyboard layout is desktop.  I have no clue why it still says it, as I
did according to the instructions: I went to menus and shortcuts in
preferences, selected access laptop (user copy), ent clicked OK.

Any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it?

It so urgent this time.  My exam is on Wednsday, and my assignment that I
should be working on is due Thursday.  I can't search for too long.

Cheers

Vytautas