[sib-access] Re: Sibelius 7?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:09:21 -0400

wow. I just found this, in the extended description of the new
task-oriented interface.

"Keyboard access

Sibelius 7 is the most accessible version ever. Every feature on
the ribbon can be accessed via a special sequence of key presses
called key tips. What's more, Sibelius now has built-in support for
screen-reading software on Windows, making it more accessible than
ever to blind and visually impaired musicians.

Don't worry if you're a power user who has memorized many keyboard
shortcuts. With a few exceptions, earlier keyboard shortcuts work
just the same in Sibelius 7?and all keyboard shortcuts are fully
customizable."

Dan, I can't help but think your ongoing dialog with the folks at
Sibelius helped them become much more aware of how we do things.
Well ok, that and probably some dialog in the distant past between
Sibelius and Dancing Dots as well. *grin*

I am cautiously very very optimistic about this!

The 30GB+ of samples sound amazing too at least from the demos.

Chris