[sib-access] Re: Direction of slur misread

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:14:15 -0500

Dan,
        I hope I'm not making more busy work for you.  I didn't know about
the shift S for slur.  If I did, I've forgotten about it.  It makes sense
when you think of it in terms of hairpins, though, except that whether a
slur is above or below has no impact on the direction of the arc.  So, I
suppose, it's actually useless information since the direction of the slur
is determined by the direction of the majority of the stems.  Just to be
thorough, I just tried that with my limited vision and JAWS turned off and
all the above still holds true.  So, more documentation.
Best,
Kevin