[SI-LIST] Re: nonlinear in power ground noise of clock driver

  • From: Dav0 Lieby <dav0x@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, SI-LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:08:54 -0800 (PST)

Taking what I said "This gives a rough inductance
number" to indicate that I was not aware of the
loss may not be exactly what I was getting at.
What I may have been getting at is that the bead
is not a resistor.  Yes there is loss.  Yes there
is inductance.  I guess that rough may not be
interpreted as having a lack of accuracy.  Perhaps
I should have used a more precise term.  The
results, as observed in a situation that was
quite similar to the original post, happen to
have occurred.  Using a bead with some capacitance
and loading the result with a clock chip that
has a little bit of SSO at a frequency near the
resultant resonant frequency, even if there is
some loss, will cause some problems.

I am sorry if I caused you some concern.  I
will try to implement better descriptive language
in the future.

dav0

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org