[SI-LIST] Re: ibis

  • From: "Dunbar, Tony" <tony_dunbar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:35:30 -0600

Hi,

Chris is quite correct about the "IBISwriter" utility in the Xilinx ISE
tool. My customers have used it to very good effect. One thing I'd like
to point out, though, since there is also mention here about HSPICE
models for the Virtex-4: If the reference to HSPICE models is w.r.t. the
V4 RocketIO MGT buffers, IBISwriter does not (yet) write out those pin
assignments for the HSPICE models. It only writes out the "pure" IBIS
model pin assignments, plus PWR and GND.

Forgive me if I'm confusing things here if the reference to HSPICE
models is not for the MGT pins or if I'm behind the times and IBISwriter
has recently been upgraded to write out the IBIS v4.1 syntax to
accommodate the MGT HSPICE models.

Tony