[SI-LIST] Re: flex circuit & chip scale basics

  • From: "hreidmarkailen" <hreidmarkailen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:41:18 -0400

Markku,

Thanks very much.

I meant to say _wafer-scale_ I believe, where multiple small single-chip
pkgs are on a flex circuit.  These have ultra-small footprint and what I
suppose you'd call "micro balls".

One question:  the resistivity of the traces changes due to temperature,
and/or flexing?  Is that correct?  Also, I believe I read that the char.
impedance can change along a flex trace significantly.  If so, is that a
function of being in the flexed (folded) position or having been flexed?
And if so, the dielectric properties change from mech. stress?