[SI-LIST] Re: diffusion capacitance measurement

  • From: Yafei Bi <yafei_bi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Raymond.Leung@xxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:09:03 -0700 (PDT)

Ashvin,

Sounds like you already have the transistor model
files, so this is how I would do:

1). for a hand calculation, look at Hspice model file
for MOS parameter CJ and CJSW, those are bottom plate
and sidewall capacitance.

2). for a simulation, apply an AC voltage source at
the nodes(e.g.: drain/source), run .ac simulation,
probe the ac current goes into the nodes. the
impedance of nodes can be calaculated as:
R=V/I, I is your ac current.
impedance R=1/(2*pi*f*c).

you know the frequceny at which the current is
measured, so: c = I/(2*pi*f*V).

you can verify whether the simulation results matches
the hand calculation.

Alternatively, I agree with Raymond, just ask your
foundary, their documentation should have these number
readily.

Regards,

Yafei

--- Raymond.Leung@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Ashvin,
>
> You cannot calculate the area/perimeter diffusion
> capacitances
> accurately because they are very process dependent.
> There is a way
> to measure them out from the test devices which are
> specially
> designed for this purpose, but I don't think the
> faundry will let you
> do it yourself.  Perhaps the best way is to ask your
> faundry for the
> figures.
>
> Regards,
> Raymond
>

> "ashvin khole" <ashvinkhole@xxxxxxxxxxx> on
> 14/07/2004 22:51:23
>
> Please respond to ashvinkhole@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To:   si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc:    (bcc: Raymond Leung/sdc)
>
> Subject:  [SI-LIST] diffusion capacitance
> measurement
>

>  Hi Can someone guide me to the appropriate way to
> measure area and
> perimeterdiffusion capacitance for a transistor
> model both by simulation and
> hand calculation? I have the appropriate model files
> for the transistor
> model. Thanks Ashvin

> the Subject field
>
> or to administer your membership from a web page, go
> to:

> si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the
> Subject field
>
> List FAQ wiki page is located at:
>
> http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Si-List_FAQ
>
> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.org
>
> List archives are viewable at:
> Old (prior to June 6, 2001) list archives are
> viewable at:

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org