[SI-LIST] Re: What's different between Pre-emphasis and De-emphasis?

  • From: "Istvan NOVAK" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lei luo" <lluo3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jianhaw.tw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:59:43 -0400

Lei,

Yes, we agree, both increase the high-frequency content over the
low-frequency content.  I guess the reason for this nomenclature
is that preemphasis in this context emphesizes the leading edge
and leaves the rest unchanged, while deemphasis by this definition
deemphesizes the trailing bits and leaves the leading edge unchanged.

Istvan