[SI-LIST] Re: TDR S-parameter and correlation

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zhenggang.cheng@xxxxxxxxx>, "'si-list'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:09:43 -0700

ZG

A TDR plot messaged by Tek's IConnect can give you a model of the =
circuit
under test that will model features down to the resolution capabilities =
of
the edge you have launched into the DUT.  A VNA can also give you a TDR =
like
plot of features vs. time.  Many VNAs have this capability within the =
unit
either as a option or a standard feature. There are S Parameter plotting
programs that will produce a TDR like plot based on S11.  I use SPViewII
from Ark RF Systems.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane