[SI-LIST] Re: Students - matching 1 mil IEEE1394/ethernet guidelines and DM to CM conversion

  • From: "Leonard Dieguez" <ldieguez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:40:14 -0700

I'm not sure why we are worried about 1 mil difference. If you are at a
speed (bitrate) where you are worried about P-N differential skew of 1
mil then you have much bigger problems. First, you can have the P-N
traces exactly the same from end to end including packages and die and
you can still have the problem of the board material introducing the
skew. This is esp true for materials like FR4. .oO( I think that I have
seen this  somewhere before(...teraspeed))where the glass weave will
introduce the skew. This is where single ended transmission lines can
shine, no skew is developed on a single ended transmission line (think
balum).

Leoanrd Dieguez

aka: "Cat Herder"