[SI-LIST] Re: Question on IBIS: rising/falling waveform - How complete waveform created?

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:50:21 -0800

Adeel,

I am not sure what you are referring to as alpha and beta, because
I haven't read that paper.  The way I explain this is that the Vt
curves are basically used to regenerate the family of IV curves
which correspond to all gate voltages between power and ground.
This can also be viewed as a scaling factor of the IV curves with
respect to time.

However, the IV curve's output current is also a function of the
drain-source voltage, which depends on the loading conditions.
This is why IBIS simulators can reproduce correct waveforms even
if the load is different from the Rfixture that was used when the
Vt curves were generated.

I hope this will help you to understand this better.

Arpad
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D