[SI-LIST] Re: Question on IBIS: rising/falling waveform - How complete waveform created?

  • From: adeel.ahmad@xxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:24:06 +0530

hello Arpad,

having gone through all the replies to my question on SI-list regarding
IBIS V-t curves and having read the 2 IEEE papers referred by Herbert, i
hope i have understood how and what information the V-I and V-t curves
carry with them.The next step is how the simulator interprets it for
simulations.
And i am trying to figure out how the IBIS models allow simulations for
loads other than the R_fixture as you said "waveform will adjust to the
it is the "Transient V-I curves" and the load line intersections that
allow this. But for getting Transient V-I curves, alpba and beta values
are required.
One of the IEEE papers quoted by Herbert says "each set of alpha and beta
provides an instantaneous I/V curve for upper and lower devices of the
buffer." Obtaining one complete Transient V-I curve(say,for time=t1) from
a single alpba and beta is, i suppose, by scaling the dc V-I curve
proportionally by factor of alpha and beta.
Now with transient V-I curves available, for different loads, new
waveform is obtained by plotting voltages(against time) at which each
transient curve is intersected by the load line.
i am unsure if thats the way things happen.
so do comment.

regards
ADEEL

List archives are viewable at: