[SI-LIST] Re: Oscilloscope showing 50Hz signal

  • From: bhavith <bhavithmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "N. Paul Taddonio" <paul.taddonio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:33:41 +0530

Hi
Thanks all for the reply.
my AC power is 50Hz.
My confusion is whethre it is just a mesurement problem or the i/p power to
the board is really noisy?
My board is working properly even when scope shows 50Hz, that means it is a
measurement proble??
also please help to find out the exact reason for this to happen.
Thanks & Regards,

Bhavith

On 5/24/07, N. Paul Taddonio < paul.taddonio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is 50 Hz the frequency of your AC power?  It sounds like something is not
> grounded,
> this is a dangerous situation, you have a defective power supply or power
> cord somewhere.
>
> The UART cable is apparently providing the needed ground connection.
>
> Paul Taddonio

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: