[SI-LIST] Re: Measuring Crosstalk

  • From: "Jon Powell" <jonpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chandaharitha@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:18:00 -0700

When simulating something like this, the normal method is to stimulate the
aggressor and measure the change from DC (in high and low state) at the
receivers on the victim line. If there are more than one aggressor (a usual
case) then the crosstalk is usually added up for a worst case number.
If you know something about the realtive timing of the signals (usually from
info from a static timing engine or hand entered) many SI simulators can do
addtional processing to ignore crosstalk that does not occur during the data
transmission window of the victim.

Note that this method ends up with a worst-case scenario that is usually
much worse that the actual cross-talk. To do better you need to know the
complete information about the relative timing of the signals and simulate
the entire coupled arrangement together and observe differences. (I wouldn't
do this unless the worst-case exceeded my crosstalk budget).

jon