[SI-LIST] Re: Majic Fbaud/1667 for CDR bandwidth

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard Jungert <r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:19:50 -0700

Richard thanks, but it is an architectural decision ( and arguably a
poor one ) to join clock forwarding function at the hip with the CDR
function by running both off the same PLL.  Wide bandwidth is better
suited to data recovery, while narrow bandwidth is better suited to
forwarding.  An elastic store gets us between the two domains.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(866) 675-4630 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: