[SI-LIST] Re: Layout service recommendations

  • From: Michael_Greim@xxxxxxxx
  • To: martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:29:01 -0500

At previous small companies where I was driving the decision
of who would design the boards, I was faced with a
similar dilemma.  While your mileage may vary, I can
say that I was very pleased with the work that I got
from QC Graphics out of Dallas, www.qcg.com .  Granted,
I drove the SI rules, but they did things as expected.
I believe that they have done Ghz level signalling designs
and rambus.

I don't know that you are ever going to get anyone to
guarantee the quality of the work.  That is why vendors have
clients sign off on the work.  You could always go to
an SI consulting group for rulesets, apply the contraints
to your board file and then check for adherance.

I was actually informed in writing once from a vendor
that did some dubious work, that their official policy
was that they were not responsible for the quality or
the content of their work.  (pretty scary stuff)  Make sure
that you do your due diligence and get recommendations.

Boilerplate Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily
represent the opinions of Dell, its employees, vendors,
competitors, affiliates or their pets.

Joe Bob says check em on out.......

Note that I am obviously not an employee or spokesmodel
for the company.....8-)

best regards,

Michael