[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS min, typ and max. values

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 01:59:24 +0200

Hello Arpad,
thanks for the feedback. In this case  I guess I have missunderstood the
part below your quote from the spec:
C_comp is considered an independent variable.  This is because C_comp
| includes bonding pad capacitance, which does not necessarily track |
fabrication process variations.  The conservative approach to using IBIS
| data will associate large C_comp values with slow, weak models, and the
| small C_comp values with fast, strong models.

So I interpreted this as: Put the large C_comp value into the min Column
(and I also interpreted Toms and Steves feedback this way), but
according your statement the lowes C_comp should be in the min column
and the EDA tool need to select the max value when I simulate with slow
settings.
But re-reading Steves response he just mentioned I should use the
largest C_Comp for worst case slow corner simulation, but he did not
mention how I should do this.
I might need do select the setting of C_comp manually if simulate slow
corner and the IBIS file has the lowest C_Comp value in the min column ...

But this then opens again my original questions:
Does it make sense to put the large C_com value in the min Columen ? (or
the highest Temp in the Min column)
As I have seen IBIS files with different methodologies on the
arrangement of C_Comp I don't really think that my EDA tool will decide
correctly which C_comp to select ...

Thanks and regards

Hermann

EKH - EyeKnowHow